- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill brown rice farina cereal
- 4 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup whole chia seeds
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Place all ingredients in a bowl except brown rice farina (best to use a wire whisk to mix).
- Let stand approximately 30 minutes at room temperature. Stir every 10 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of boiling water to 1 cup of Bob Red Mill brown rice farina cereal. Reduce heat, simmer for 5 to 8 minutes. Do not overcook. Chill in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Add cooled cooked brown rice farina to mixture.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours and serve!
Optional - Add raisins when serving or you can add them to the mixture. If you add them to mixture, they get really plump and are super yummy.
Another option- Add 1-1 1/2 tsp unsweetened vegan cocoa powder. Be sure to read the ingredients and verify no milk or casein ingredients.
Power packed chia is high in Omega 3 fatty acids which help your heart, brain and immune system operate properly. Its soluble fiber is good for lowering LDL (bad) cholesterol while maintaining HDL (good) cholesterol.
It is also rich in minerals which protect your cell membranes, like calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, selenium and manganese, and high in protein and vitamin E.
2 tbsp of whole chia sees contains:
- Fat - 6 grams
- Saturated Fat 0.5 grams
- Omega 3s 4 grams
- Fiber 7 grams
- Calcium 100 mg
- Magnesium 58 mg
- Vitamin E 6 mg
From the "Green Science Diet" by Linda Berson, www.greensciencediet.com